Mission: To teach skills and behaviors to maximize independence in activities of daily living for persons who have developmental disabilities and other special needs in a variety of community settings. Full Time and Week-Ends Opportunities
- Assists persons served to maximize independence in activities of daily living and provides supervision of persons served while in the care of staff.
- Performs cooking, cleaning and personal services of persons served while in the home.
- Complies with various federal and state regulations, Mur Ci policies/procedures.
- Behavior exhibits professional attitude, demeanor, and interpersonal skills required by position and company.
- Other duties as assigned by House Manager’s, QMRP’s, or Program Directors.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred
- Prior experience in a position of similar scope preferred but not required
- Ability to handle all aspects of personal care with sensitivity and caring
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written mediums
- Ability to observe, ask questions, listen actively, and give and accept feedback effectively
- A high energy level, adaptability, assertiveness patience and ability to work in a team environment
- Operation of a motor vehicle is required which includes: proof of a current, valid driver’s license, ability to qualify as a driver under Mur Ci insurance guidelines
- Must be at least twenty (20) years of age
- Ability to perform physical system techniques (which include frequent lifting, bending, kneeling, stooping, reaching, blocking, grabbing)
- Ability to lift at least one-fourth of own body weight unassisted
- Ability to perform unassisted transfers of disabled adults with adaptive equipment (lift belts, Hoyer lifts, etc.)
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively with others through verbal and written mediums. May include the use of assisting devices to compensate
- Organize and compile information from external and internal sources.
- Communicate effectively with both external and internal customers.
- Ability to allay maladaptive (sometimes aggressive) behaviors while maintaining calm and composure.